Guest post by Ginny McCowan of @MapleCreekMarket
It’s an exciting time of year here at Maple Creek Farm where winter fades away and mother nature comes to life. With the animals and farm abuzz with excitement, it’s of course an amazing time for spring sprucing and decorating in our 1823 historic farmhouse!
If you are looking to give your farmhouse a fresh spring update I am excited to share 7 of my favorite tips from my own home to inspire you.
1. Make An Entryway Statement. The entrance to your home can be a bright and inviting space no matter the size. Try a new wall color to brighten it up and hang a mirror to help reflect the natural light coming in from other areas of your home. Add a simple bench, a colorful throw, pillow and rug to add texture and warmth.
2. Get Creative With Chalk. A chalkboard is not only fun but it can add a bold element to any room and you don’t have to be an artist to create something stunning. There are tons of ideas for chalkboard art on Pinterest. Remember, decorating is about what brings you joy and makes your home a cozy and inviting space to relax while making lasting memories in.
3. Bring In The Texture. Nothing makes a statement in a room like a great rug but this doesn’t mean you have to break the bank either. Just by switching out existing rugs from one room to another can give your home a whole new look! If your budget allows for a new rug you can update a room or layer over an existing rug for a more dramatic look.
4. Play with Color. With mother nature giving us so much color inspiration outside why not bring some of it indoors! Choose a color palette that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy and run with it with bold accents and playful accessories. Pinterest is a great place to draw spring color ideas from. Create a mood board and start pinning until you find the perfect combination for your spring farmhouse vision.
5. Greenery and Florals. Nothing brings the beauty of the outdoors in like greenery and florals. The possibilities are endless and don’t be afraid to mix fresh flowers with a preserved wreath or garland, plants and faux stems that are perfect for vases, pitchers and jars.
6. Perk Up The Pillows. Switching existing pillows around from room to room is a great no cost way to give your decor a quick update. Of course, new pillows and/or pillow covers are also great options for giving your home some spring vibes!
7. Paint It. Nothing breathes new life into a room then paint and there are no rules or limits. From painting an accent wall, to an entire room to that piece of furniture that’s just begging for a makeover. Paint is an inexpensive way to make a big impact to your spring farmhouse decor.
I hope you enjoyed these farmhouse spring decorating tips and as you prepare to welcome spring in your neck of the woods you will be inspired to let your creative juices flow to make your home a joy-filled place for you, your family and friends!